This is my favourite kind of cooking: Put everything on one big sheet pan, chuck it in the oven, and chow down 20 minutes later. Even better: Clean-up is a cinch. The possibilities are — in theory– endless, but a pan of salmon & vegetables always turns out perfectly for me. Because of the quantity of veg, I only roast two salmon fillets plus veg per pan; otherwise everything gets stemmed (ew) instead of roasted (yum!). If you want to feed more people, just cook a second pan at the same time (you might need to add 3 to 5 more mins of cooking). The sun-dried tomato pesto adds a whole new je ne sais quoi and it makes enough so that you’ve got more for another night (Or stir it into cooked cheese ravioli, gahhhhwmmm!!).
- 210-mL jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, not drained
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 boneless salmon fillets (each one about 150 g)
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into small to medium florets
- Half a red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes and oil from the jar, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, thyme and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small food chopped or blender. Whirl until puréed.
- Place broccoli and onion on prepared sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Make some space for salmon, then place the fillets skin-side down on prepared sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over top of each fillet. Bake 16 to 18 min or until just cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.