I love a one-pan supper so much. Really, who doesn’t?? Easy prep, easy clean-up, versatile and so delicious. There are tons of variations on this theme, but here is a simple, tasty chicken and vegetables dinner that my family adores (even 5-year old Thomas, who recently said of this recipe, “[sigh] I wish we could have this every night.”).
A few tips for the easiest, most delicious sheet pan suppers:
- Turn on the oven before you start prepping. This recipe comes together so quickly that it’s often ready for the oven before the oven is ready for it!
- Use a sturdy half-sheet pan. The rim keeps the juices on the pan (and not on the bottom of the oven) and the pan is big enough to accommodate enough protein and vegetables for 3 to 4 portions.
- Line the pan with foil or parchment for one-step clean-up.
- Spread all the ingredients out in a single layer. If the veg piles up it will steam, not roast.
Get all the intel on my favourite sheet pan, plus a how-to of this recipe on this episode of the Twenty-Minute Cooking School.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 red or yellow peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 6 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Fresh lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Stir oil with chili powder, oregano, salt and garlic powder. Place all the vegetables on the baking sheet and pour about half of the spice mixture over them. Toss well then spread into an even layer.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet and drizzle it with the remaining spice mixture. Toss it a bit to coat it then arrange the chicken evenly throughout the vegetables.
- Bake 25 to 30 min or until chicken is springy when pressed and cooked through. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice if you like.