My best friend in high school was a year older than me. That meant that she could drive before me — and she even had access to her parents’ second car. The summer she got her license we had a non-stop series of mini road trips, and I felt like the coolest kid in the world. Most evenings we’d drive over to the local Dairy Queen for a blizzard (OMG I ate a blizzard almost every day for 2 months??!!). I went through a Skor phase, but my favourite flavour was always cookies & cream.
I’m still pretty fond of anything cookies & cream, and this no-bake pie delivers a double dose, with the creamy, chocolatey filling and the cookie crust. It’s too good! This is a more kid-friendly variation on my beloved Iced Coffee Cookie Pie, but it’s got the same gorgeous texture, thanks to the Eagle Brand. Even adults can’t get enough!
What are you waiting for? Get your no-bake on! Eagle Brand has tons more easy summer dessert recipes. Check them out here and share a shot of whatever you bake using #EagleBrandSummer.
Happy not baking!
- 1 can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1½ cups broken up chocolate wafer cookies
- Take 2 tbsp condensed milk out of the can and stir together with cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press this mixture into a 9-in. pie plate, coming a little ways up the sides. Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Whip cream using an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 30 seconds in a stand mixer, 2 to 3 min with a hand mixer). Add remaining sweetened condensed milk and mix on low speed until combined. Gently stir in cookie pieces. Pour into prepared crust. Freeze at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours the pie will be still pillowy soft in the middle, and frozen at the edges. This is the best stage! But if you need more time, just gently cover the pie with plastic wrap and pop it back in the freezer. Once you're ready to eat it, let it stand at room temperature for 10 to 20 min before slicing. Top the pie with chocolate curls if you like.
*This post and recipe are sponsored by Eagle Brand. For more on my policy, click here.